Monday 10 November 2014

Mac Ruby Woo Lipstick Review

I had been on the hunt for a red lipstick for ages, and as I already own a few Mac lipsticks I knew where to go to find the perfect red shade. The girl on the Mac counter was really helpful and pointed me in the right direction to pick the right colour for my skin tone and she got it spot on with Ruby Woo!


I love the colour of this lipstick, it is the perfect cool tone red and really compliments my green eyes and dark blonde hair. It is a matte shade which is really in this autumn/winter, but the one (and only) thing I don't like about the lipstick is that I find it very drying on the lips. I would definitely recommend the Mac prep & prime lip, as it adds moisture and also improves the appearance of lipstick. Or you could just use a lip balm underneath to prime the lips before application. I don't think I am brave enough to wear it during the day, its more of a 'night out' lipstick and glams up a look instantly.

 

Mac also re-launched this lipstick as Rihanna’s RiRi Woo which is pretty much exactly the same lipstick. Its is possibly is the 'go-to' red lip for the majority of celebs. Its around £15 which is quite pricey but its good to invest in a decent red lipstick as it is a classic lip shade which will never go out of style. 

No comments:

Post a Comment