Monday 6 October 2014

Fake Bake Flawless Review

So like most people I loved to look tanned as it just makes you feel better, look slimmer and more healthy, and after trying many wash off fake tans and gradual moisturisers that I never really liked, I decided to take the plunge and try a permanent tan. I am pleased to say that I have finally found my go to tanning product!


Fake Bake Flawless is one of the best fake tans I have used, its a liquid self tan and one of the only ones that actually smells nice! It has a lovely coconut, tropical holiday scent and doesn't start to smell like fake tan for a good few hours, which is good as you can put this on in the morning and it wont start to smell like that tell tale fake tan biscuit smell straight away.

So I start by having a bath or shower and exfoliate my skin thoroughly to remove any dry skin, as having any dry bits will make this product cling and look patchy (not good!) I then apply my Fake Bake oil free moisturiser to knees, elbows, ankles and wrists to avoid any orange patches. Then I am ready to start!


I put on the latex gloves provided, and spray a few pumps directly onto the mitt that it comes with, and apply the product onto my skin in long sweeping motions to avoid any streaking. It looks like you have a tan straight away but this is just the colour guide as it gradually develops over a few hours. I usually use it at night before I go to bed and then have a shower in the morning to remove the colour guide, and you are then left with a beautiful golden tan! The colour is perfect as you can apply it again the next day if you want to achieve a darker tan. Its good to invest in an oil fee moisturiser to use daily which will help prolong your tan and help it to fade evenly, as oil based moisturisers will break down the tan and it will start to look patchy. This picture is after 2 applications.

 
I love the fact this product dry's almost immediately and doesn't feel sticky like some fake tans, so you can put clothes on straight away, no waiting around in your undies for it to dry - bonus! If you use it at night some might come off on your sheets but don't panic as it does come off in the wash.

Its around £22 on the Fake Bake website or from Debenhams or other similar department stores, but I picked mine up from amazon for around £10 which is amazing value as it lasts so long! (I have had it since February and still have a 1/4 of the bottle left) I highly recommend this product to anyone looking to go from a wash off tan to an instant lasting one.

What's your go to fake tan? x

No comments:

Post a Comment